Starting March 2022!
4-part #RadDeathReads series:
Whose Life/Death Matters?
February 2022 #RadDeathReads:
Souls and Ancestors
in the Land of Ghana
Let’s Read Death Radically!
#RadDeathReads hosts books, articles, essays, films, by and about death scholars and expert practitioners from underrepresented groups and marginalized communities.
Traditional Book Clubs meet in person and center around one single book. We, however, meet virtually on the weekends for 1.5 hours each session (1pm EST to 2:30pm EST)
- When? Bi-weekly virtual meetings plus Q&As with the authors of featured readings.
- Where? Closed Facebook group where the CRDS and participants discuss, pose and answer questions among ourselves.
- What? New curated themes for every session. Readings and supporting material are included in the $40 fee.
This book club is solely put together by CRDS members’ volunteer work without any sponsorship or reimbursement. The small fee is to cover our administrative costs and the huge amount of time and resources that go into this project. Please note, we are therefore unable to refund you if you are unable to attend or miss a meeting. Please consider supporting CRDS with a donation so we can offer more projects like this in the future!
#RadDeathReads meets virtually through Zoom at 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 5 PM GMT every Saturday and Sunday during the series for an hours each day to discuss the selected material(s), host guest speakers, exchange ideas, and share related information in a private online space.
What do you get as a member?
- Access to featured and bonus reading/viewing materials (ie: supplemental excerpts, PDFs, private links, etc.).
- Private virtual Zoom meetings with other club members, conducted by a CRDS moderator.
- Q&As / Interviews with guest speakers.
- Access to a private closed-circuit Facebook group where members can get updates on the monthly event, pose & answer questions, converse with other club members & CRDS leaders, and share related links to the monthly material.
- And more!
Click below to see past #RadDeathRead programs.